Tuesday, March 15, 2011

GD/AFI Buffalo August 5 2010

We set off on a late start (1:20pm) from town. All of us raring to go. Stopping only twice on the way, and missing the turn once, we pulled into Darien Lake at 5. We waited in line at the gates for about an hour, then going through security to another line inside the park. In this line I reunited with one of my other friends, Theresa, whom I hadn’t seen since last October. We chatted for a bit about the Camden show, Green Day and family. Then at 6:30ish we were let into the lawn. Pam and I ran to secure decent spots on the lawn, while Seanna was out buying a tour shirt. We had a very good spot, on the barricade and almost the direct center. After a few confused phone calls Seanna made it to our place and we waited a good 5 minutes for the heartbeats signaling AFI was about to take the stage. They had a great deal of energy that night, probably from riding the rollercoasters in the park earlier that day as Havok mentioned. He seemed, from far away, to be having a great deal of a better time at this show than Camden. They played wonderfully for the 35 minutes that they were on, then left, thanking the “people of the lake”. Their setlist was basically the same as Camden, only sans Missing Frame.

After their set a man came handing out pit tickets for free. Seanna begged me to take them. I reluctantly took three for Pam, Seanna and I and headed down to the pit. (If only he had come before AFI’s set I would have been so much more enthused.) After a bit of snaking through the crowd, we made it to the barricade. Both of my friends were thrilled having never seen Green Day. Before long the Drunken Bunny took the stage and the show begun. Unfortunately with Green Day, (one of the reasons I really enjoy seeing AFI live is that they do not do this) they put on the same show. A guitar was given out, toilet paper was thrown, fans excitedly took the stage, even the same words were said. Though they seemed to really enjoy the Buffalo crowd. When Seanna was done taking her pictures and Pam felt sick we left, actually around the same time as I did at the previous concert. Green Day still put on a great show, but once is enough. Setlist: http://www.setlist.fm/setlist/green-day/2010/darien-lake-performing-arts-center-darien-center-ny-2bd5b83a.html

At the end; I really wish I was closer for AFI and I really want to see them live again. Green Day is good, although I wish they would not spray beer on the crowd.

“Peace out bitch”

No comments:

Post a Comment